How to play Sabo
Want to learn more about playing Sabo? Here are some tips that you may find useful.
(Note: This post is on “Sabo”, not to be confused with “Lucy (Sabo)”. The special and skills for the two characters are different.)
Character Type: Ambusher
Sabo is an Ambusher type character.
The base stats of Ambushers, covered under the character type post, put them in the middle of the pack – they have the second-highest normal attack, tied with warriors and only second to snipers, second-highest sp after middle guards and supporters; while their normal defense is average, third after vanguards and warriors.
Ambusher Type Action, Blitz allows Sabo to dash forward for a quick attack. Useful for getting to the boss or just move forward on the map quickly.
Sabo’s auto skill has the effect of decreasing cooldown time for skills along with the number of attacks.
- +20 Fire resistance, reflective of his devil fruit power
- -10 Water resistance, as a devil fruit user
Sabo’s normal attack is close range and delivers a physical (non-elemental) attack to the targeted opponent.
Skills and Special Attack
1. Ryu no Ibuki (lit. Dragon’s Breath)
With Ryu no Ibuki, Sabo pushes his haki-imbued fists to the ground and deals physical damage to opponents.
- Hit all surrounding opponents (useful especially when swarmed)
- The attack is released in waves. You can tap the skill again to unleash the attack immediately rather than wait, but the damage will be lower. (Use this to take down easy mobs quickly without wasting time.)
- Inflicts opponents with Stun status effect which leaves them momentarily unable to move
2. Ryu no Kagizume (lit. Dragon’s Talon)
Ryu no Kagizume dashes to the targeted opponent and delivers an attack with physical damage.
- Lowers target’s defense
- Get to the enemy quickly
- Can hit multiple enemies if they are close together
- Note that the dash to target is in a straight line. If there are enemies in the way before reaching the target, the attack will hit them instead.
3. Special: Hiken (Fire Fist)
Sabo jumps into the air and throws fire at the ground.
- Wide area fire damage is good for clearing mobs
- Causes lingering fire damage with Burn status effect.
- A red circle appears on activation which tells you where the flames will hit. The position of the damage zone is determined by the position of the target relative to Sabo at the time of skill activation and remains fixed after. Enemies appearing in the damage zone after the skill is activated will also receive damage.
- Evade enemy attacks in the moment when Sabo jumps into the air
Share your tips in the comments if you have any!