For OPTS, there is currently no way to permanently bind your account to your email address or anything else other than your device.
23 June 2016 update: You can now bind your account to your Facebook account. Check here for the steps.
You can no longer use the one-time code.
7 March 2017 update: You can use one-time code again.
As with many Japanese mobile games, you can create a one-time code for your account. Input this code in another device to load the account. Your account will then “disappear” from the previous device, which is why this is also termed account transferring.
Important things to note:
- The code is only valid for 7 days once generated. Keying it on the 8th day will give you an error; don’t make that mistake.
- You will also get an error if you try to reuse that same code (yes, that’s what one-time means but it bears repeating).
- You can only transfer an account two times within 30 days. I have not tried it myself but it seems it is possible to get a third code only to get an error when trying to key it in. If you have already deleted your app (which removes your account from your first device), you can try keying it again when the 30 days are up. It should transfer over then (untested) if the code is younger than 7 days.
- If transferring an account between different OS (Android to iOS or vice versa), the rainbow coins you are holding will be reset to zero. Make sure to spend all your coins before doing such a move. The coins in giftbox should be safe (untested).
- There is no other way to retrieve a lost account at the moment. It is best to create a code as backup every 7 days and record it somewhere else in case your device is suddenly lost or damaged.
Go to Others (Book) > Change device, and then the 4th button on the left column to bind to SNS/get a PIN. The PIN will be a string of characters and numbers in red.
Click on Support (yellow button) on the title screen and choose the following options and proceed till you get to a screen with the options “Facebook” and “Twitter”. Choose the last option to input your PIN. You will be prompted to restart your app after your code input. The app on your previous device, if you still have the app, needs to be restarted as well.